Skylar Remixes. Music
Skylar Remixes. Some pictures of this beauty 7"
Skylar Remixes. Silkscreen Printing Process
About Music for The Other People Place Project
• Only six artists are part of this project.
• The identity of the artists involved in the project will remain private but they are free to reveal their identity after some time, even if we would prefer they didn’t.
• The artists involved in the project are not aware of the identity of the other artists.
• During the following months we will periodically release 12 records: 11 x 12" and the last one, a special 7"
• Each record is a full album, a trip into the mind of the artist. There is no need for “perfected” tracks as this is not a collection of hits compiled on a 12” for massive sales. We asked each artist to work without any limitations or expectations that their previous "sound" might impose. In this way the artist may expose ones true self in the music or choose to demonstrate another side of their creative self.
What is the purpose of this project?
The main aim of this project is, on the one hand, to provide the artist with complete anonymity in order to create in absolute freedom and, on the other hand, to offer the listener the work of the artist without any external distortions.
Imagine how different the experience of listening to a new record could be without any previous information about it: no names, no track title, no expectations… nothing but music.
The use of words to describe or define music is a senseless task. Most of the time the intention of descriptive text is not to shed light on the work of the artist, but rather to serve as a promotional tool to drive sales and increase recognition. This often has the unfortunate result of limiting the creator and his work. Music is all we need, any other additives are completely dispensable.
We recommend reading our MANIFESTO (below) carefully, which explains the inspiration and goals of the project in detail. However, please do not interpret the manifesto as context for the music. We want your listening experience to be pure.
MUSIC FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE PLACE
This project is also a tribute to the legendary James Stinson, an artist who was blessed with the gift of creating with a mind that was completely free from prejudices. He took his music beyond the imaginable. Beyond any name, label or genre.
This is why we chose this name for the project. However, as fans who have nothing but admiration and respect for the legacy of James Stinson, do not expect this project to be a collection of Drexciya style works. This tribute has to be understood simply as an homage to someone who fought for creative freedom in each of his works.
1. We protect the creators and their independence from limits or rules imposed by the industry.
2. We also protect the listener by offering the work of creators without any information that can alter or taint a pure listening experience.
3. Innovation is not the goal. The goal is to grant the creator and the listener total freedom. However, innovation can be a positive side-effect of creating in an environment of total freedom.
4. The use of words to describe or define music is a senseless task. Most of the time the intention of descriptive text is not to shed light on the work of the artist, but rather to serve as a promotional tool to drive sales and increase recognition. This often has the unfortunate result of limiting the creator and his work and we do not accept this imposition of the industry.
5. Today, music or audio can be made available for listening without the need for explanatory text or any additional information about its creator.
6. This manifesto is created with the absolute certainty that there is an audience fully capable of discerning what music they want to acquire for their personal enjoyment without any superfluous contextual information other than what is provided by the music itself.
7. The music industry is based on labels, names, scenes and genres. The current boundaries are imposed by an industry that was created with the sole purpose of selling massive amounts of copies of an artist's work. Categorisation facilitates sales because it identifies or creates markets that can cater to a supply and demand model. It also imposes limits. Our goal is not to sell records and it is definitely not to enforce restraints. Our objective is to provide a safe, creative and completely anonymous platform for artists who want to share their work through a new paradigm. Selling records is a positive side-effect which ensures that the artist's music reaches the right ears.
8. The music for The Other People Place, is music created by people who do not need presentation or information about them or their work.
9. The music for The Other People Place is music created for people who do not need presentation or information about the artist or his work.
10. The music for The Other People Place is independent art aiming to inspire true underground evolution. It is music for the sake of music.